The Network of Employers for Traffic Safety is an employer-led public/private partnership dedicated to improving the safety and health of employees, their families, and members of the communities in which they live and work by preventing traffic crashes that occur both on- and off-the-job.
NETS was founded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) as an employer-led road safety organization.
Our mission is to advance road safety among occupational (non-regulated) drivers, all employees and their families, and the communities where employees live and work.
NETS is led by an executive director, under the guidance of a board of directors. Day-to-day operations are conducted by the executive director and a small team of employees and contractors.
Current NETS Membership
- 120 member companies and board of directors
- Approximately 50% are Fortune 500 companies
- Multiple industries are represented
Board Member Companies
- Johnson & Johnson
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
Programs and Services
- STRENGTH IN NUMBERS® Benchmark Report and Conference
- Annual Drive Safely Work Week™ campaign
- Comprehensive Guide to Road Safety™
- NETSWork® monthly e-newsletter
- The Electronic Novice Driver’s Road Map™, Coach’s Guide™ and associated YouTube videos
- Year-round member FORUM
- 2 Seconds to 2 Click™ seat belt usage improvement toolkit for employers
- Cost of Motor Vehicle Crashes to Employers – 2015™
- Upcoming resources: Guide to Defensive Driver Training™, Recommended Road Safety Practices™,
If you would like a copy of NETS’ most recent IRS Form 990 and NETS’ most recent financial review, please send your request to Susan Gillies at firstname.lastname@example.org