Board of Directors Roles and Funding
NETS’ Board members are public and private sector leaders with strong commitments to road safety. They are senior level executives who promote NETS’ mission and represent organizations or businesses that have created a solid safety culture by promoting traffic safety policies and awareness activities in their workplaces.
Private Sector board member companies provide annual financial support to NETS based on employee headcount. NHTSA and NIOSH participate as federal liaisons to the board.
Directors set NETS’ strategy, policies, and research agenda. Participation on the board often fulfills an organization’s corporate and community service commitment and enhances an organization’s visibility within the public and private sectors through positive media exposure. The “network” provides a forum for experienced traffic safety professionals to exchange ideas and collaborate on emerging issues.
If you have an interest in learning more about joining NETS Board of Directors, please contact Jack Hanley, NETS Executive Director, at 314-680-3293 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership criteria for NETS’ Board of Directors
- Allow the name of the organization and the highest possible official in the company or government agency to be used in promoting the NETS concept.
- Appointment of a senior level representative to the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace traffic safety programs and support the NETS annual signature workplace traffic safety campaign, Drive Safely Work Week.
- Provide annual financial support to ensure the financial strength of the organization. The annual minimum contribution levels are listed below:
- $30,000 (Organizations with more than 100,000 employees)
- $20,000 (Organizations with 20,000 up to 100,000 employees)
- $15,000 (Organizations with 10,000 up to 19,999 employees)
- $10,000 (Organizations with 5,000 up to 9,999 employees)
- $ 5,000 (Organizations with up to 5,000 employees)