Drive Safely Work Week™ 2012
This year’s toolkit provides information and activities to address some of the most common types of traffic crashes across the general population, fleet drivers and teen drivers. The materials encourage employees to refresh their own safe-driving skills, as well as to share the tools and resources provided with family members, particularly new or up-and-coming drivers in the household. The campaign also encourages employers to redistribute existing safe-driving policies or use the week as an opportunity to prepare employees for new policies that may be forthcoming. The DSWW campaign focuses on the following issues:
- Buckling up all the time and encouraging others to do the same;
- Recognizing and preventing fatigue-impaired driving;
- Driving distraction-free;
- Safe parking and backing; and
- Fine-tuning the fundamentals to avoid some of the most common types of crashes.