USE OF 3RD PARTY LOGISITCS AND CONTRACT CARRIERS
I am interested in doing a ?yes/no? response benchmark study with the NETS membership regarding their use of Third Party Logistics (3PL) or Contract carriers. I would like to follow-up with some respondents who answer ?yes? for clarification.
– Do you use 3PLs to move your product?
– Do you have minimum performance standards 3PLs must adhere to (e.g. driver qualification, vehicle conditions, etc.)?
– Do you collect any performance data (e.g. fuel consumption, distance traveled, crashes, injuries, etc.)
– Do you collect performance data for ALL 3PLs you use?
– Do you have a defined ?Scope? for 3PLs; meaning some 3PLs are ?in-scope? for standards and reporting whereas others are not considered ?in-scope? and therefore exempt from the standards and reporting requirements?
– May I contact you for follow-up clarification?