Our Free Monthly eNewsletter provides summaries of timely road safety news, events and alerts in order to stay informed on the latest road safety trends and topics.
NETS upcoming Drive Safely Work Week® campaign focused on wellness was featured recently in Fleet Management Weekly. The full article may be found here: https://www.fleetmanagementweekly.com/link-between-driver-wellness-and-safety-is-the-focus-of-nets-drive-safely-work-week/
August 22, 2019
VIENNA, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS) is pleased to announce the full agenda and lineup of speakers for its upcoming annual conference. The conference will take place October 9th and 10th at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, Virginia.
NETS annual conference is an opportunity to share road safety case studies, new research, and emerging issues with employer road safety peers. Conference participants include companies from diverse industries, representing a collective global fleet of more than half-a-million vehicles that travel nearly 11 billion miles annually.
This year’s conference agenda and topic selection is shaping up to be one of NETS most comprehensive on record. NEW this year will be an exclusive learning “track” for individuals who carry responsibilities for heavy good vehicles (HGV) as part of their organization’s supply chain. Also planned is a unique panel of speakers representing some of the world’s foremost automotive OEMS who will be addressing vehicle design and technology advancements which is sure to resonate with employer safety and fleet management professionals alike.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to engage directly with NETS sponsors who will be on-site for the duration of the event.
Keynote presenters include:
- Honorable Bruce Landsberg, Vice Chairman, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB): NTSB’s “Most Wanted List” — Road Safety Challenges and Future Solutions
- Sergio Rojas, Holistic Health Coach, Functional Movement Specialist and Certified Nutrition Specialist: Integrating Wellness Initiatives into Your Employee Road Safety Program, Including Real World Cost Implications
- David L. Harkey, President Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the Highway Loss Data Institute: Vehicle Technology in an Ever-changing Fleet World, Including the Latest OEM Technology Advances
- Faye Caldwell, Attorney at Law, Caldwell Everson PLLC: Employer Cannabis Legalization and Policy Development: A Best Practice Employer Road Map
To review the agenda and full speaker lineup, visit https://trafficsafety.org/conference-2/nets-annual-strength-in-numbers-fleet-safety-benchmark-conference/
To find out more about the conference and to register, visit https://trafficsafety.org/conference-2/
NETS is a 501(c)3 public/private partnership organization with a dedicated group of employer road safety professionals whose objective is to advance road safety for employees, their family members and members of the communities where they live and work. Members collaborate to improve road safety and reduce losses through fleet safety benchmarking and sharing proven, best practice approaches. NETS membership includes global traffic safety leaders across private industry and government, whose fleets range from fewer than 100 vehicles to those with more than 50,000.
NETS is a member of the United Nations Road Safety Collaboration, which provides guidance to the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011 – 2020 global initiative. For more information on NETS, visit www.trafficsafety.org.
Joseph McKillips, NETS Executive Director
Did You Know?
Latin America Traffic Safety Statistics
- Over 150,000 fatalities occur in the Region of the Americas each year representing 12% of the road traffic deaths worldwide.1
- In Costa Rica, over 70% of all traffic related deaths in 2017 involved pedestrians, cyclists, or motorcycle drivers.2
- In Brasil, there are 433,000 collisions per year and 5.1 deaths per hour.3
- In Mexico, the cost of traffic crashes represents 1.7% of the country’s GDP.4
NETS is holding its first ever Regional Satellite Conference in Latin America April 2-3, 2019 in San Jose, Costa Rica at the Intercontinental Hotel. Conference registration and hotel information, as well as preliminary agenda, coming soon!
- NETS member organizations who operate in the region
- Local road safety advocates
- Government officials (invited)
- Latin America NCAP (invited)
344 Maple Avenue West #357
Vienna, VA 22180-5162
Gain exclusive access to a network of world-class fleet safety experts & materials to improve your road safety program.
Learn more about the companies that are leading their industries in traffic safety.
Log in to view members-only information, including membership list and your user profile.