Guidelines for Online Discussions
In posting messages to the NETS Road Safety Leaders FORUM, please follow these guidelines to ensure all have a positive experience:
- Please participate! If it makes you more comfortable, spend a little time following discussions before jumping in.
- Discussions are more rewarding when users post messages relating to the discussion topic and avoid repetitive or excessively lengthy posts.
- Posts to the NETS Road Safety Leader’s FORUM are publicly visible to all visitors; however, only NETS members may post.
- Be respectful of other’s ideas, opinions, and beliefs.
- Avoid using all caps, as it creates the impression that you are SHOUTING.
- Keep the content of the conversations within the online FORUM discussion and do not share with others unless all parties agree to do so.
- Notify NETS as soon as possible if you experience any issues with the NETS Road Safety Leader’s FORUM.
- Only post content that you have the right to post, and that complies with our rules (below).
NETS believes in free expression, active and open debate; we do, however, expect users of the FORUM to follow rules that protect other users and persons from immoderate or unprofessional comments and interactions, and from the invasion of their rights and privacy. The management of NETS has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the NETS Road Safety Leader’s FORUM and any materials posted therein. Should you violate or allow another person to use your account to violate any of the following rules, NETS management reserves the right to move, edit, or delete any post or discussion thread that are
- defamatory, libelous, unnecessarily antagonistic, or an invasion of privacy or violation of the rights of another user, person, or party.
- obscene, abusive, harassing, threatening, off-topic, unintelligible, or inappropriate, as determined by the management of NETS.
- in violation of copyright, trademark, or intellectual property laws, as determined by the management of NETS.
- in violation of local, state, United States or international law.
- promoting, soliciting for, advertising for, referring to, or hyperlinking to commercial products, programs, or services; including contests, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or commercial enterprises.
The NETS Road Safety Leader’s FORUM is designed for discussion, questions and sharing of best practices.
- which attempt to impersonate or fraudulently represent another user, person, or party.
- in a language other than English.
- include viruses, “Trojan Horses,” or any other contaminating or destructive feature that may damage another person’s computer.
- determined, solely under authority of management of NETS and third parties employed or directed by it, to be otherwise objectionable.
The NETS Road Safety Leader’s FORUM is a privately-held, privately-maintained online discussion forum. NETS has the right, but not the obligation, to remove any material from the forum which we, at our sole discretion, feel is not appropriate. The content in the FORUM is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and does not necessarily reflect the views or positions of NETS.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you in the forum.