Did You Know?
Latin America Traffic Safety Statistics
- Over 150,000 fatalities occur in the Region of the Americas each year representing 12% of the road traffic deaths worldwide.1
- In Costa Rica, over 70% of all traffic related deaths in 2017 involved pedestrians, cyclists, or motorcycle drivers.2
- In Brasil, there are 433,000 collisions per year and 5.1 deaths per hour.3
- In Mexico, the cost of traffic crashes represents 1.7% of the country’s GDP.4
NETS is holding its first ever Regional Satellite Conference in Latin America April 2-3, 2019 in San Jose, Costa Rica at the Intercontinental Hotel. Conference registration and hotel information, as well as preliminary agenda, coming soon!
- NETS member organizations who operate in the region
- Local road safety advocates
- Government officials (invited)
- Latin America NCAP (invited)