Drowsy driving and other important risky driving behaviors and countermeasures are highlighted in this year’s campaign. Driver behavior contributes to 94% of all traffic crashes, according to NHTSA, meaning nearly all crashes are preventable.
The toolkit underscores why advance preparation is important. Whether checking the fuel gauge the night before, thinking through your route, arranging for a designated driver or planning practice sessions with a teen driver, planning ahead is a key element of safe driving.
The free DSWW toolkit provides:
- easy-to-use Web-based resources, including facts and tips
- downloadable graphics
- activities tailored for each day of the campaign week
The toolkit also includes materials geared towards management to encourage the review of safe driving policies and guidelines, as well as integrating road safety into existing wellness programs.
The tool kit builds the case for executive leadership to adopt safe driving for all employees as a part of the corporate safety culture and provides low-cost tools and ideas to start, expand and sustain a road safety program.
The free DSWW tool kit is available for download via the NETS website and provides easy-to-use Web-based resources that include campaign graphics and materials targeted to leadership as well as the employee-base.
Campaign materials illustrate how maintenance of mind, body and vehicle are all connected and essential components to being a safe driver. Resources, tips and activities are provided to help drivers be at their best behind the wheel. The campaign was developed using the expertise of NETS’ member companies, collectively representing a fleet of more than half a million vehicles that travel in excess of 10 billion miles globally each year.
The DSWW campaign focuses on the importance of issues that include:
- Regular vision screening;
- Being well-rested and properly fueled for sustained energy;
- Keeping your vehicle healthy through preventative maintenance; and
- Getting the right ergonomic fit to your vehicle for maximized field of vision, comfort and well-being
This year’s toolkit provides information and activities to address some of the most common types of traffic crashes across the general population, fleet drivers and teen drivers. The materials encourage employees to refresh their own safe-driving skills, as well as to share the tools and resources provided with family members, particularly new or up-and-coming drivers in the household. The campaign also encourages employers to redistribute existing safe-driving policies or use the week as an opportunity to prepare employees for new policies that may be forthcoming. The DSWW campaign focuses on the following issues:
- Buckling up all the time and encouraging others to do the same;
- Recognizing and preventing fatigue-impaired driving;
- Driving distraction-free;
- Safe parking and backing; and
- Fine-tuning the fundamentals to avoid some of the most common types of crashes.
The 2011 campaign is focused on the dangers of distracted driving— but not just from the position of the driver. The new materials also help consider the roles and responsibilities of being a safe passenger, pedestrian and cyclist in preventing distracted driving-related incidents.
The 2010 Drive Safely Work Week™ campaign is focused on the dangers of distracted driving and provides meaningful education and awareness activities to help keep employees safe.
Drive Safely Work Week™ (DSWW) is an annual workplace safety campaign, providing an easy, affordable way to remind employees of safe driving practices.
- The DSWW tool kit has everything needed to launch a successful campaign:
- Activities for each day, including interactive, electronic-based tools
- Daily communications messages
- Downloadable graphics
- Communication tools, including press releases and campaign launch letter
- Materials suitable for local and global employees
The campaign addresses:
- Distracted driving
- Eco-friendly driving
- Reminders that most everyone has someone counting on them to get home safely each day
344 Maple Avenue West #357
Vienna, VA 22180-5162
Gain exclusive access to a network of world-class fleet safety experts & materials to improve your road safety program.
Learn more about the companies that are leading their industries in traffic safety.
Log in to view members-only information, including membership list and your user profile.