Benchmarking global road safety: a private-public best practice to improve road safety
Benchmarking global road safety:
a private-public best practice to improve road safety
You’re invited to join an important conversation with NETS, the UN Road Safety Fund, and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) focusing on the private sector role in the Global Development Goal to halve road traffic deaths and injuries by 2030.
Online Webinar Tuesday 20 September 9:00am-10:30am ET (3:00pm-4:30pm CET)
Event Outcomes Include:
- Underscoring the role of the private sector in the Global Development Goal to halve road traffic deaths and injuries by 2030.
- Raising awareness of global road safety challenges and opportunities for private sector engagement
- Presentation of commercial fleet road safety benchmarking tool and results.
- Announcement of 5 new benchmarks in support of the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety (vehicle safety – financing – capacity development – reporting – supplier influence especially as it relates to low- and middle-income countries)
9:00 – Welcome
- Susan Gillies-Hipp, Executive Director, Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS)
9:05 – Introduction
- Jean Todt, UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy for Road Safety
9:10 – 10:20 Moderated Roundtable Discussion: The Road Ahead to Improve Global Road Safety
- Speaker 1: Ms Sandra Smith, Commercial Engagement and Driver Safety Programme Lead, Environment Health and Safety, GSK
- Speaker 2: Mr Gabriel Kardos, Global Director, Office and Road Safety, Johnson & Johnson, and NETS Chairman of the Board
- Speaker 3: Mr Kusajima-San, Liaison Delegate for WBCSD, Corporate Planning Department, Toyota Motor Co.
- Speaker 4: Mr Thomas Deloison, Director, Mobility, World Business Council of Sustainable Development
Moderator: Susan Gillies-Hipp
10:20 Closing Statement: Moving Forward to Improve Global Road Safety